News & Events: Happy New Year!

What a year!  This {I MEAN *THAT*!} WAS *THE FASTEST YEAR* of my life!  Digital design is such a trendendously cool & mind-expanding experience.  You know the saying, "Ignorance Is Bliss!"  Well, "Knowledge Is Bliss++!"


Creativity has opened my eyes to a whole new world, people, thoughts, beliefs, various artistic mediums ....  In the midst of this wealth of knowledge hovering in virtual weightlessness, a sentence rings in my ear ...











*...THE ART OF LIVING SIMPLY...*
{OH! WHERE ARE YOU, SIMPLE LIFE?}

As I fast approach middle-age, life has become bulkier {in more ways than just my waist}! I am more aware of the potential within myself & wish I had that knowledge, wisdom & maturity back in my 30s that I've developed in my 40s! 
  • I find myself with a garage full of transitional clothing & various furniture accumulated from my kid's growing up, along with seasonal accessories & decorations purchased from slightly impulsive moments of weakness!  This stuff is causing major storage issues! 
  • Then, my closet which is WAAAYYY too small & requires about two days of TLC & TUFF LUV to rid myself of sweaters, jackets, jeans & blouses that I DO NOT WEAR ANYMORE!  Classic or Not!  And the shoes?  I'm sweating as I think about which ones I would have to part with -- or is that a HOT FLASH?! {Yeah, total hot flash ...}
  • When I'm not working at my computer, my 2nd addiction is HGTV: Divine Design, Designed to Sell, House Hunters International, & Property Virgins are the primary shows I watch! Also, Sarah Richardson, Sarah's Cottage -- which I have a harder time catching but LOVE.  I wish I could work for that girl.  Her or Candice Olson; yes, in a heart beat!  I find that I am really, really, really ready to renovate our Master Bathroom.  It needs work.  I could patch it together but noooo, whatever I start, I have to do it right, not halfway & once I start, the dollars add up!  Calgon awaits! {As it sits in the box, hardening into one big lump!}
  • Next, my yard ... Living in Texas is awesome, except for ONE THING.  I cannot be Martha Stewart here in Texas -- Nope.  I coooouullllld, but ya see, that would require sweating ... a lot - which ya gotta admit, isn't all too appealing!  I founded our neighborhood garden club, loved it.  Fun & lots of ladies still enjoy it.  It's just that pulling the same weeds two weeks afterwards makes me wanna pull my hair out!  So, I believe in low-maintenance landscape for the most part - with an occasional bed of tulips or a new antique rose planted.  Wherever you want Bermuda to grow here, it won't... and where you don't, it does!
  • Meals.  Is it just me?  Or, are you all as tired as I am of eating the same dinners & lunches over & over?  To put together a picture perfect meal is a DREAM.  It is so ARTFUL to watch chefs create a beautiful meal to enjoy with family & friends that screams *PURR-VECTION*!
  • Housework.  Will I ever catch-up?  Will I ever start enjoying folding laundry and putting it away, instead of glaring at it like it's a mountain that I'd prefer not to hurdle????  Ever????
  • My Dogs.  They are gorgeous little creatures -- until it rains or their hair grows out or their allergies run amuck, so whenever I wanna photograph them for you all, I can't because their eyes are stained or their hair is matted!
  • My Photography!  I signed-up for two amazing classes last year. Papier Creatif took priority & so I have this burning desire to become better & will FINISH both classes!  The best layouts truly do begin with beautiful photography!  Yesterday, there was a gorgeous sparkling of frost on the balcony stair rail -- my camera battery was dead.  {LOL! Yea, that's life in a nutshell!}
  • Art.  With Digital Design & Scrapbooking, I am deluged with new ideas & having a mom whose an artist, makes it very easy for me to come up with list after list of ideas & concepts.  I am finalizing details on *NOEL PRIMITIF*.  I know if you are like me, you haven't had much time to devote to your photos & scrapbooking.  Never fear, we'll get it done!
  • Religion. Christmas Eve we went to church to watch my daughter play cello in their contemporary Christian band and celebrated.  Ahhh ... food for the soul.  I wish I had squeezed it in more between all those weekend soccer games with the kids.  It was so uplifting & I would attend there, if it wasn't a 45 minute drive!
  • Time.  Managing Time.  Managing Tasks.  Managing Issues.  Managing Schedules.  I've got this spreadsheet & Stephen Covey has received several orders from me over the years, so .... {I wrote incorrectly in my calendar this morning, don't ya hate that??!}
*WHAT'S A CREATIF TO DO!???*

I don't know, girls.  I've seen posts about New Year's Resolutions, Project 365, One Word, Me Journals, Classes of Every Kind! -- all terrific, all wonderful!  Here's my advice ...


Just do your best, *Become a Better YOU*.  Joel Olsteen wrote a nice book about it, easy read, a bit repetitive but I find that helpful to reinforce concepts.  Not in a brainwashing kinda way but a positive, uplifting way.  There are a few analogies I did not completely agree with, but overall I enjoyed the book.



MIX IT UP.

GROW.

LEARN.

LET IT GO.

TAKE IT EASY.

WORK HARD.

PLAY HARD.

LOVE LOTS.

LAUGH LOUDLY.

and try your best to ...

BE A BETTER YOU.

EXERCISE.

PRAY.

FINISH WHAT YOU START.

GIVE EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT.

LEARN AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.

SHARE YOUR HEART.

FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS.

TAKE A JOURNEY - DARE TO LIVE HAPPILY.


Happy New Year, Creatifs!

Juls~





CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Hope you are having a great day and thanks for visiting Papier Creatif - Creative Paper + Digital Products!

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you!

Julie