Digi: The More Things Change~

This layout ... it exhausted me today!  It was coming together pretty quickly to begin with but see that big ol' parenthese thingy???  Yeah, I had to watch Jessica's tutorial about a half-dozen times to *get it* ...  PLUS!  I couldn't find my *Paint Bucket*!!!  It got hidden behind a menu item and well, you know, the drop down menu?  It wasn't droppin' down!
All-in-all, I had a great time with this.  I liked adding my old soccer team at the bottom as an overlay/color burn.  That is our team yearbook photo from '79.  We weren't *officially* a Bishop Kelley soccer team, but we were the 1st, the pioneers!  Now, BK has a highly-competitive girls and boys soccer program and field!  As usual, I am the soccer team cut-up.  You can't always rely on me to carry-on a conversation about "How little Johnny's bus stop routine ..." went for the day.  But typically, I will be the one to throw in a racey joke!  Here, I'm acting like a model and my friends are laughing at me ....  I don't get it ... I look like a model, right?  Braces and all!  Actually, I truly did admire Farrah Fawcett.  My brother had her poster and I always wanted to have a smile & breasts like hers :)  As this layout notes, I still do!

I was really a little saddened that she passed away the same day as Michael Jackson.  Were you?  I loved Michael's music - had one of his albums.  I felt like his story overshadowed hers.  She really put up an admirable battle against cancer with her bravery & zest for life - never giving up.  Hopefully, her travels to Europe encouraged the US medical community to look at options going on all over the world.  And I loved how her friend captured her spirituality on film.  I think sometimes people think that sexy people aren't spiritual or lack faith - I liked that she proved this isn't true.  Her faith was incredibly important to her.  And even though she was ditzy as all get out, she had a great heart!  {and hair ... it was still very hip}

Farrah impacted us girls, didn't she?  I had *the hair* in my 20s.  I've noticed that some women are beginning to wear their hair more Farrah-ishly lately :)  Even Bonnie Hunt had it going on for a few weeks on her television show.  {Bonnie is awesome ... so hilarious ...}

Anyway, I wouldn't be able to post this layout without thinking of Farrah, the girl next door we all modeled ourselves to look like.  My Sophomore - Senior year, I had the Dorothy Hammel cut going on.  I prefer Farrah's ... it's sexier ... ;)  For now, my hair is like Jennifer Anniston's ... and I look just like her...

{Hugs}

Juls~

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful! My gosh you haven't aged a day!!!!!
    XXXX
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing layout and great pictures! Love how you compared the "then" to the "now". Very creative. Great tribute to Farah too. Hope you are well! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Hope you are having a great day and thanks for visiting Papier Creatif - Creative Paper + Digital Products!

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you!

Julie