Altered Art - Row Houses~

I've been seeing some very cool altered art *Row Houses* and, over the weekend, decided that I should do a few for fun! I came across Altered Antiquity's Blog. Look how adorable her creations are! They look so professional and artistic! My inspiration ... beautiful balance in color, texture and theme.

Collage puts me into this dreamy interpretive state. I love looking at each artist's footprint and am amazed at the millions of ideas they come up with to make them all look unique. A lot of altered art websites will do swaps with these. My thought is to incorporate them into scrapbooking pages since *HOME* reflects family.

Hopefully, I'll feel inspired to make more! They were really fun to do! It makes me want to run out and buy more stuff, but I have plenty, I just need more ideas HOW TO USE my stuff!

Maybe I'll add make a few more this afternoon or tonite! I think they are so sweet!

Many times they will also use stamps or add graphics on them to layer. They also become quite crafty at telling a story by adding a few key phrases and with images. It's almost like writing a song!





I love the autumn tones and antiquey elements. Accenting with metals always adds that extra zip. And I love the little butterfly angels! They are so sweet!

Oops, my faux-door looks crooked! A picture tells a thousand words, doesn't it?!

Hope you enjoyed them!

{Hugs}

Juls~


CONVERSATION

10 comments:

  1. Wow these are awesome Juls! I think yours are much more softer and homier with sweet colors and textures. Make more!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, brilliant creations! I so love your style! Your creations have such an artistic feel to them. These are just genius! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jeannie I thought they turned out cute. I should have spent a little more time on the larger one. It was the 2nd and I rushed it. I really love how the 1st one turned out. I'm still awful about getting things square and perfectly straight!

    {xoxo} Juls~

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Curt {{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}

    Thank you a million, Curt! I TRY REALLY HARD. ;)

    I am thinking about getting into an altered art group to learn some of the different mediums. This should actually be done like a collage, with decoupage {i think} and I just used double-stick tape! So, a lot of the corners are coming up! The ones that I've seen look flat and everything looks very blended, including textures!

    I just like to play and try different things. I get bored VERY easily!

    {xoxo} Juls~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Je vous remercie pour votre lien vers A Heart in Provence, j'en suis très flattée.
    Je me suis permise de vous citer dans ma rubrique "My readers"
    Amitiés.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Juls! These are so neat! I love how you used the metal too. Wouldn't you just add little metal findings to everything if you could?

    I know it's not one, but I just want to open it up like a book and see nifty collaged pages of your family or life or something. It's what I think of looking at it. Don't you think it'd make great book plates?

    Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  7. @laeriss Thank you. Your blog is tres magnifique!

    {hugs} Juls~

    ReplyDelete
  8. @SparkofWhimsy Absolutely! Wonderful ideas! I also thought about making chipboard albums like this.

    Hope you're having a great day.

    {xoxo} Juls~

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fabulous. I love the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love these wonderful row houses Juls. I especially love the warm colors! - Kris

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for visiting and commenting!