InSights: Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers~

It's Sunday night ... The envisioned *French Couture* boxes are looking more like a serpentine snake curled up in a pickle jar! The striped box is worse than the antiqued green & black one. Gosh, when ya think about it those colors sound terrible together! But they are gorgeous in my rug!!! Heck, the green plain one looks better than the other two! Now -- I don't have good brushes. I realize I shouldn't make excuses for myself but I'm using sponges to try to create straight, thin accent lines of black. I knew this before I started. I considered waiting until tomorrow, so I could buy some quality brushes. Remember, I'm not patient. I stared at the box for a LONG time thinking --

"Juuuuuliiiieeee? You should really tape the whole thing off ...."

"Don't do it..."

"You are gonna regret this..."

Hmmm ... that's starting to sound like thoughts I've had prior to sex! ha!

So, I'm off to bed & I'll try to band-aid the problem tomorrow. Hopefully, antiquing this one will soften it. I wanted it to look edgy but not like it could possibly bite me. Seriously! It looks like the pattern of a Rain Forest snake! I'm too embarrassed to photograph it & show you all! {Considering buying one new box to start over!}


CONVERSATION

7 comments:

  1. Hi Juls thanks for popping over to my blog and leaving such a sweet message. I do hope you sort your box out and would love to see the finished result.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. @PinkLilac Still working on it, Linda! I think I need to hire a tole painter to finish them for me! lol ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny. Just like me impatient. You know better but you still go ahead,. I bet they are not half as bad as you think. Go on post them tomorrow and let us see them. We will tell you the truth. At least you are doing them at all. I am not sure I would know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lilly I antiqued 2 & it softened the snake-look! You'll see! I've learned a few things tho ... :) I'm trying to figure out what to do with #3!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remember. . ."patience is a virtue", "That which is worth having is worth waiting for", Haste makes waste" LOL Shall I go on? You are so funny! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Curt Yes, yes, yes! {I can just say that I painted them blindfolded!}

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Hope you are having a great day and thanks for visiting Papier Creatif - Creative Paper + Digital Products!

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you!

Julie