Digital Scrapbook Layouts - Golf Layout

Father & Son Reflection ... "Reflection" kinda fits the New Year's theme - doesn't it? Perhaps some of us should spend as much time contemplating the next step of our lives, as this duo does the next golf shot!


Horseshoe Bay, Apple Rock Golf Course, 10.31.08 ~

Watching the two of them spend time together on a sport they are truly passionate about is joyful. I notice similarities, like the way they drive the ball, a backward nod of the head, & maybe this is common but I still find it kinda cute, the fact that they are both wearing a Titleist golf visor sans ball marker attached on the brim! This was such a terrific tournament! We both said we could retire in this area because it's so pretty with spectacular views & a beautiful lake. His very young, high school team placed somewhere in the middle of the final standings. The school is brand new at 4 years old. His coaches have high hopes for Mason.

I asked Marty & Mason to write some words about what they were thinking or felt while sitting there. Neither of them are big on words, but Marty wound up writing a nice letter to Mason about his new interest & involvement in GOLF:

Mason,
As we sit on the tee box of #10 on this amazing Robert Trent Jones course, I am truly happy that you have embraced this sport. It is a very humbling game, as you have come to discover. But it is also one of the greatest games that we will ever play and I'm excited that we can play it together (even tho you are beating me with regularity!). You have more talent at 15 than I ever had, or ever will have! I watch every shot you make, the good and the bad, and I know that you will achieve greatness in whatever you do in your life! Now! If you could NEVER 3-putt again, I'll die a happy man!
Love, Dad

I also believe if Mason NEVER 3-putted again, it would decrease his father's risk of coronary heart failure, which would make me a happy woman!

When I first asked him what he was thinking while sitting there with his Dad, he said, "I wanted to hit the c*** out of the ball!"  I told him he shouldn't say that, so he says, "You want me to be honest don't you?" "No, not completely." I said. Then I asked him to think more specifically & without cursing.  And he said, "I wanted to hit the ball right down the middle, right to left, down the left side of the fairway."

This project took a lot of thought. Again, Basic Grey's paper is so pretty, I felt I needed to be careful laying out the photos & accents. Additionally, I picked-up the idea of layering a file folder from Kim Henkel's layout "1956", featured in Shabby & Beyond Scrapbooking Ideas. I love that book! I modified it using brads to bind it and used a coordinate paper on the interior of the file folder. I think the "GOLF" tag with the round, paper clip attaching it is really cute. And it better be cute! It took me F-O-R-E-V-E-R to figure out how to design & make it all function. So, now all that's left to do is to print their "expressions" on vellum and attach it to the inside of the folder for future reference & good memories. Details, details ...

Let's All *Hit It* This New Year! Remember! "...right down the middle, right to left, down the left side of the fairway..."

Materials List~
  • Basic Grey, Periphery, Pinot Noir, PIP-919
  • Basic Grey, Periphery, Olive, PIP-911
  • Basic Grey, Cork, PIP-913
  • Core'Dinations, Black Magic, Clr. Olive
  • Robert Stanley Collection, 1/4" Brown Satin Ribbon, #941757
  • Robert Stanley Collection, 1 1/2" Brown Paisley Ribbon, #603431
  • The Paper Studio, Spare Parts, Metallic Embellishment Collection, #289470; (1) Swirl Clip, Clr. Silver, (3) Small Brads, Clr. Silver
  • Making Memories, Decorative Brads, Round, Clr. Pewter, #23719; (2)
  • Arnold Grummer's Templates, Tags for Cards & Pages, #360
  • Color Box, Pigment Stamp Pad, Clr. Silver, #19030
  • P. Real Life, Card Stock Stickers, Dictionary Thoughts, #31057; (3)
  • The Paper Studio, Family Sticker Pack, #146183; Letters "GOLF"

CONVERSATION